Letter of ASH to GlaxoSmithKline
The involvement of the ASH organization with the pharmaceutical interests is documented by this letter that has “leaked” from the tightly controlled Big Pharma/”public health”/ASH tandem.
ASH is largely responsible for the dissemination of false and incorrect information on smoking in several countries of the world, amongst them – but not limited to – the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Thailand. ASH is also influential in the EU and on the World Health Organization.
Not a surprise at all, of course. We all know that the false information on smoking and health pushed by ASH along with hatred and discrimination against respectable citizens is paid off by the pharmaceutical industry.
Here are excerpts from the letter (emphasis added):
"ASH was instrumental in securing greater government commitment to smoking cessation products in the NHS National Plan and we have helped with PR for both Zyban and Niquitin CQ."
"This experience is replicated in many organisations, many countries and in business areas beyond the smoking cessation category."
"Most of the measures that drive people to want to quit smoking and use GSK products are exactly those that are opposed by tobacco companies. Such measures include:
- Restrictions on smoking in public places and workplaces
- Marketing restrictions on tobacco companies
- Higher tobacco taxation
- Greater NHS involvement in smoking cessation
- Regulatory measures to be applied to tobacco products"
This letter dating back to 2001 is yet another important piece of evidence that:
- All the epidemiological disinformation on the dangers of active smoking, and the rhetoric about it;
- All the epidemiological disinformation on the dangers of passive smoking, and the rhetoric about it;
- All the smoking bans and the “denormalization” of smoking and smokers;
- All the billions spent around the world to denormalize smoking
have but one purpose: create the cultural and social bed for the sales of pharmaceutical products.