FORCES Tavern: We welcome you to The Tavern, you are welcome to browse and read, but please register to post.

States’ spending on prevention a ‘travesty’

In order to be successful, you must understand Where tobacco control originates - and it is not local - no one has or will ever be able to stop tobacco control on a "local" level.

States’ spending on prevention a ‘travesty’

Postby jredheadgirl » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:11 pm

jredheadgirl

Re: States’ spending on prevention a ‘travesty’

Postby smallbird » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:59 pm

My state has over a $2 billion dollar deficit. Of COURSE, they're going to cut back on this kind of funding! They spent it all on government salaries.
smallbird

Re: States’ spending on prevention a ‘travesty’

Postby jredheadgirl » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:13 am

smallbird wrote:My state has over a $2 billion dollar deficit. Of COURSE, they're going to cut back on this kind of funding! They spent it all on government salaries.

Well in California, furloughs have been all the rage (not) lately, and I read somewhere that many of our elected officials (at the state level) have recently had to take a pay cut. I think that we are about to witness some massive change around the corner, 'cause when EVERYONE starts to feel the pain (so to speak), then certain "programs" are going to have to get the shaft monetarily speaking.
jredheadgirl

Return to Tobacco Control