How much do we think of Action on Smoking and Health’s John Banzhaf? Read on. Christopher Snowdon has a wonderful new posting at his Velvet Glove, Iron Fist web site. Shedding light on the ever-duplicitous John Banzhaf, Snowdon’s article recalls, and expands upon, a memorable piece Gian Turci contributed to this site last year.
Don’t fail to read Snowdon’s arch commentary (link is below.) It’s a real treat and includes some rare video links which have inspired us to establish a distinct new wing of the FORCES Multimedia Portal we call “Bullslinger Banzhaf”. Duplicity of this magnitude is hard to believe and must not disappear from the Internet!
Banzhaf’s monumental prevarication requires preservation, his enormous ego demands enshrinement, his impulsive bullying must be bronzed. He’s the sort you must know and never forget. Not Mussolini, not Stalin, not Göbbels, not Hitler, no idiotic ideologue ever dishonestly blathered in so pettily haughty and loathsomely pompous style as does Banzhaf. That’s why, around here, we’ve come to call him the Reichsführer or, more simply and in testimony to this health activist’s ever-ballooning waistline (elephantine is the word), Der Belly.
Read Snowdon’s piece first, and visit the “Bullslinger Banzhaf” wing anytime you wish to see easily accessible and carefully compiled samples of the Reichsführer’s on-air con jobs.
Introduction to the “Bullslinger Banzhaf” Videos
This new wing of the FORCES Multimedia Portal (CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE BANZHAF VIDEOS) is solemnly dedicated to bullshitters everywhere, but especially to the Three Stooges of Antitobacco, of course including John Banzhaf himself, the Reichsführer, as well as his Charlatan in Chief, Stanton Glantz, and Secretary of the Inferior James Repace.
As of now these caught-on-camera bullyings and bullshittings, starring John Banzhaf, the blubbery founder of ASH (Action on Smoking and Health), include:
* They only want “smoking sections” – In this 1986 clip from national TV in the USA, John Banzhaf states that antismoking groups only want smoking and non-smoking sections. That’s all, just smoking sections. Antismoking groups don’t object to smoking in private offices or for that matter in hospital rooms. Not at all. Doesn’t that sound reasonable – especially when Banzhaf calls arguments regarding the fears of fanatical encroachment "creating a straw man"? Compare that with what ASH (Action on Smoking and Health) and its friends in “public health” say today.
* Assault in “self-defence” – Hold on to your guts before watching this short video from a couple of decades ago. Antismoking bully John Banzhaf assaults elderly smoker during televised debate. Play the video multiple times to pay attention to what happens to the glass, and also to Banzhaf’s hatred, seeping through each of his stinking pores.
* Oh-so Reasonable Banzhaf – A complete hour broadcast from 1977, transferred from old videotape with some static and extraneous material as well as the old commercials, is nevertheless in pretty good audio and video condition overall. On this episode of Philadelphia’s Joel A. Spivak Show, guest host Doctor Tony Campolo interviews Action on Smoking and Health Reichsführer John Banzhaf, and a Tobacco Institute representative our older readers may recall, named Walker Merryman. He was a reasonably effective smokers’ rights spokesman from the days before Big Tobacco utterly deserted their customers’ interests via the Master Settlement Agreement, but by today’s standards, Banzhaf himself was all for smokers’ rights in 1977, since he knew that hateful fanatics were recognized as such back then. Listen as he advocates against legal regulation of outdoor smoking and for the rights of restaurant owners to determine their smoking policies. Banzhaf has always misled, day to day to suit his given audience, for decades, while calculatedly advancing his fanaticism with ever greater viciousness.
* Onto Banzhaf – A complete half-hour episode of The American Debate from 1984. Banzhaf is the soul of reassurance. He wants smokers to be accommodated. He merely wants smoking bans on short airline flights, of two hours, or less. We’ll say his debating partner, Anne Browder of the old Tobacco Institute, has his number. She says the fanatical Banzhaf will never stop demanding more, more, more bans, until there is no smoking on any airplane, or any accommodation for smokers anywhere. Some of us knew she was right then. Everybody does now. Antitobacco today
lobbies for denial of medical care to smokers, break-up of their families, denial of employment, complete social ostracism. It seeks the total destruction of smokers’ lives. Drinkers, the fat, and all those today’s Healthists deem unfit are also now under the gun. It did not stop with smokers. Fanaticism never dies on its own. The Health Reich will never stop, it is never going to be stopped, until we stop it with force.
* The FORCES Tribute to John Banzhaf – We know we are criticized by some for pointing out that John Banzhaf is a bullshitting blowhard, egotistical creep, a hatemongering wretch, a loathsome rodent, and so forth. Some say we go too far in suggesting that Banzhaf believes himself the leader of a non-smoking Master Race, that he is a megalomaniac, who thinks he owns the world and space. We don’t mind the criticism. We’re right, as was Spike Jones about another such freak years ago, and we proudly offer this audio file of maestro Jones’s “Der Führer’s Face” as our personal tribute to Mister Banzhaf. Listen, laugh, learn from history, and always give John Banzhaf his due.